ACLU of Wisconsin Chippewa Valley Chapter
Meeting of the Board of Directors
June 13, 2021
Virtual meeting via Zoom technology
Board members present: Lopa Basu, Selika Ducksworth-Lawton Cali Eisenhuth, Kirby Harless, Mildred Larson, Ehren Lepp, Kelle Moran, Elsa Murray, Teresa O’Halloran, David Shih, Paul Wagner, and John Wiltrout.
Board members absent, Ann Francis, Lindsey Brandrup, Pa Thao
Visitors: Ann Heywood
1. The meeting was called to order at 5:00 p.m.
2. The board welcomed new student members and did introductions
3. The board approved the minutes from the May 2, 2021, meeting
4. John gave the treasurer's report. Expenditures included student membership fees. No income this month. Balances are checking: 1042.63, savings: 5.01. David will look at bylaws and minutes to see what we set for the expenditure limit that the Treasurer can authorize without board approval. The board will then discuss at our next meeting.
5. The board discussed the draft ACLU-WI Chapter Standards document. Our feedback is captured in the google doc and will be shared with the state board.
6. Selika gave the state board report. David and Selika highlighted the summer justice institute for students.
7. The board discussed the PRIDE event tabling. The event went well. Mildred, David, Kirby, Teresa, Ehren, Selika, Lindsey participated.
8. Dr. Jeneise Briggs will join our next meeting on July 11, where we plan to do a “meet and greet” and share with her what we do, and we hope to hear her plans for her new position.
9. The board discussed the upcoming Juneteenth event. Mildred, Lopa, and David Shih will staff our table.
10. The July board meeting is remote, and we will consider meeting in person again after that.
11. The meeting was adjourned at 6:30.