CVCLU Annual Membership Meeting
November 17, 2020, 6:00 pm
Unitarian Universalist Church, 421 South Farwell St., Eau Claire
Board members present: Lindsey Brandrup, Selika Ducksworth-Lawton, Ann Franklin, Ann Heywood, Mildred Larson, Elsa Murray, Teresa O’Halloran, David Shih, Pa Thao, Paul Wagner, L.J. Wells, John Wiltrout
Board members absent: Kelle Moran, Eliza Wiegel
Approximately 21 chapter members were present, including board members.
1. The meeting was called to order at 6:10 pm.
2. Board President David Shih welcomed the membership and introduced the board of directors.
3. The minutes from the 2019 Annual Meeting were distributed and approved by the membership.
4. Treasurer John Wiltrout gave his report. (attached)
5. The Nominating Committee introduced the candidates for the Board of Directors, Lopamudra Basu, Selika Ducksworth-Lawton, and Kirby Harless. Each candidate gave a short statement. The candidates were elected unanimously by acclamation.
6. President Shih discussed some of the chapter’s activities over the past year, many of which were included in the newsletter (attached).
7. President Shih introduced Larry Dupuis, Legal Director for the State of Wisconsin ACLU, who discussed some of the cases he has worked on and issues he sees as most important to the Wisconsin ACLU in the near future.
8. The meeting was adjourned at 6:40 pm.