ACLU of Wisconsin - Chippewa Valley Chapter
Annual Membership Meeting
November 10, 2021
Board members present: Lindsey Brandrup, Ann Francis, Mildred Larson, Elsa Murray, Teresa O’Halloran, David Shih, Pa Thao, Paul Wagner
Board members absent: Lopa Basu, Selika Ducksworth-Lawton, Callie Jo Eisenhuth, Kirby Harless, John Wiltrout
20 members were present, including board members.
1. Welcome and introductions: Board President David Shih welcomed the members, and the board members introduced themselves.
2. 2020 Annual Meeting Minutes: Board Secretary Teresa O’Halloran read the minutes from the 2020 Annual Meeting, which were approved by the membership.
3. Treasurer’s Report: David Shih presented the report of Treasurer John Wiltrout, which was approved by the membership.
4. Board Retirements: David Shih recognized and spoke briefly about the board members who are retiring from the board; Mildred Larson, Paul Wagner, and John Wiltrout. The membership recognized and honored the retirees for their distinguished service.
5. Election of Board Members: Teresa O’Halloran presented the nominees; Lindsey Brandrup, David Shih, Pa Thao, Stella Pagonis, Katie Bushman, Olivia Nelson, Julie Bomar, and Liz Krieg. The nominees present spoke about their interest in serving on the board, and the written statements of those not present (Nelson, Bomar, and Krieg) were reviewed with Lindsey Brandrup speaking briefly for each of them as well.
6. David Shih presented a brief overview of the chapter’s activities over the past year.
7. The meeting adjourned at 6:50, and the membership transitioned to the public program featuring Shaadie Ali, the Interim Executive Director for the ACLU of Wisconsin, and Wendy Sue Johnson, a local attorney and former legislative candidate.